Whenever one talks about beauty, it is a known fact that our lips are one of the features that can greatly enhance our face value. Youthful, shapely and plump lips are quite a hit across cultures, even with beauty standards that keep changing. And if you are not happy with the way your lips are, you can actually get the lips you desire with a simple procedure called lip enhancement.
Lip enhancement is a procedure that can help contour as well as add or restore volume to aged lips, and also smooth out the fine vertical lines around the lips and mouth. What is more, it can give dramatic results in just one sitting. But it is good to know about the pros and cons of this procedure before you actually get it done. And that is why we are putting together this quick read for you.
What are the different types of lip enhancement?
There are three different cosmetic approaches to lip enhancement in Melbourne – dermal filler injections, lip implants and fat injections. Of these, both lip implants and fat injections require minor surgeries and will also involve downtime. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that dermal filler injections are not only the most preferred, but also the most popular option for lip enhancement today. Not only are they minimally invasive, but they are also more economical and require almost no downtime. Victorian Laser & Skin Clinic is a reputed clinic for lip enhancement in Melbourne.
What actually happens during this procedure?
Given that dermal fillers is the procedure of choice, is a quick, minimally invasive procedure that is usually complete in less than an hour. Typically, a numbing cream is used prior to the procedure, to numb the lips and reduce any discomfort during the procedure.
After the lips are numb, the filler is strategically injected with very fine needles, into the lip as well as the surrounding areas. It is important to also fill in the area surrounding the lips for a more natural look. Our lip enhancement experts take care to administer the right quantity of lip filler required. This procedure takes just a few minutes, and you will be able to see instant results.
What are the advantages of lip fillers over the other lip enhancement methods?
- As this is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure, there are no risks of scars left behind.
- We also use a naturally occurring compound in our fillers, which is broken down over time and therefore, completely safe to be injected.
- Moreover, as the treatment is not permanent, you can always return to the original shape of your lips or modify it the next time.
Are there any side effects?
- You may notice some swelling right after the procedure, which will subside by itself in a few days.
- This is a temporary procedure, and the results will last for up to a year. So, you might need repeat procedures once the effect wears off.
- If you do not get it done by an experienced practitioner, then you run the risk of uneven or asymmetrical lips.
Victorian Laser & Skin Clinic is committed to client satisfaction, and we will do a thorough suitability analysis before commencing on any cosmetic procedure. If you would like to consult with us, you can avail of a no-obligation first consultation at any of our branches on Collins St CBD, Hawthorn, Mt. Waverly or Viewbank. To do that, all you need to do is to give us a call at the branch of your choice.