Most conventional methods of hair removal like shaving, waxing, epilating and the like will require you to repeat the process every few days to few weeks. And if we think about the amount of time and money that we would spend on this, it will definitely add up to a staggering amount! Wouldn’t it be better instead to opt for a method that not only gives long lasting results, but will also end up saving precious time in the longer run? There is no debate about the fact that laser hair removal is the method that can give you these benefits.
The Victorian Laser & Skin Clinic offers the highest standard in medical-grade hair removal. We have had both male and female clients to enjoy the convenience and cost-effectiveness since 1999 for everything from male Brazilians through to full body hair removal. Apart from smooth, hair-free skin in a painless way, laser hair removal also offers a host of other benefits:
The other benefits of laser hair removal
Lasers can selectively focus on coarse hairs, dark spots while keeping the adjoining skin unharmed.
Laser is super-fast at treating large patches of hair in a few seconds, making this one of the speediest ways to get rid of unwanted body hair. Depending on the area of concern it can on average take anything from a minute to an hour to treat the area. It goes without saying that the smaller the area, the lesser time it will take.
Majority of patients have experienced a permanent hair loss after a couple of sessions.
How to prepare for laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal treatment is not just about removing unwanted hair. It is medical procedure hence does carry a few risks. Before getting laser hair removal, always check on the history of the doctor and always get the credentials checked.
If you are planning a laser treatment it is best advised to stop waxing, electrolysis or any type of plucking at least 1.5 months prior to your treatment. This is because laser targets the root of the hair, which is temporarily removed by plucking or waxing.
It is also advised to limit sun exposure for at least six weeks before and after treatment.
1. What to expect during laser hair removal?
2. The first step is to trim your hair and just keep a few millimetres above the surface.
3. After this, we apply a topical numbing medicine for about 20- 30 minutes before the laser hair removal procedure, to help with the sting of the laser shots.
4.Our laser technician will then adjust the intensity of laser according to the colour of your skin and the thickness of your hair.
5. Post the adjustment, you will be given glasses to protect your eyes.
6. We will then apply cold gel or special cooling device to help light penetrate the skin properly, and to reduce any discomfort.
7. Pulse of laser will then be passed to the area of treatment for several minutes to make sure for the best results.
8. Post treatment, you will be given, lotion, anti-inflammatory creams, icepacks, etc to ease the discomfort.
9. Next, you can schedule your next treatment as prescribed. You will need to come for multiple sessions so that all the hair can be treated.
Sounds like a better method? Reach out to us for a no-obligation consultation and quote.