New Year’s is just around the corner, and it is that time of the year when parties and social gatherings abound. With the festive fervour all around, it is only natural to want to look one’s best at these parties, and to start the New Year on a radiant note. But we get it. Your skin has been at the receiving end of all the sleep deprivation, the frenetic socialization and the indulgent festive food that is de rigueur this season. At a time like this, chemical peels can come to your rescue, for bringing out the hidden glow of your skin. Dermatologists have long used these to improve the appearance of the skin. They are classified into three types, primarily based on the concentration of active ingredients.
How can chemical peels help?
Chemical peels, also known as cosmetic or facial peels work in two ways – by shedding off the old layers of the skin and stimulating cell regeneration. They involve the application of a chemical based solution on to the skin, which causes the exfoliation of the superficial layer of the skin, reducing the signs of age spots, pigmentation and sun damage. They can be useful in a wide variety of conditions, and here’s a look at some of the most common ones:
- To balance oily skin and dry skin: There are different types of chemical peels. The ones for oily skin open up clogged pores and help reduce sebum production. In the case of dry skin, chemical peels can help to shed the dry, flaky top layer and reveal fresh skin underneath. There is also a specially formulated peel for combination skin that does both of these things, to restore balance in the skin.
- Acne and related scarring: Chemical peels are great to clear away active acne and also lighten the scars caused by stubborn acne. They help to destroy dead skin and unclog pores to make way for new skin. The new skin that comes in is not only smoother, but also less scarred. We recommend regular treatments for deeper scars.
- Sun damaged skin: Be it sun spots or age spots, chemical peels are a good option to treat sun damaged skin on the face, hands and neck. The peels will not only work on sun spots, but will also reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and reveal smoother, younger skin underneath.
- Congested skin: If you have clogged pores, it will show up in the form of clogged pores, blackheads and whiteheads and frequent breakouts. Chemical peels can greatly help clear away the blocked pores, and remove stubborn blackheads. They also increase cell turnover to give you clear skin.
The different types of chemical peels at our clinics:
At Victorian Laser & Skin Clinic, we offer a variety of cosmeceutical peels for better skin.
- The AHA Enzyme Peel for dry skin
This is an extremely gentle peel with a micro-exfoliating action. It works well for dry and flaky skin, by hydrating and softening the skin and giving a refreshing bright look.
- The Peel Accelerator for oily, acne prone skin
This is enriched with vitamins and antioxidants, and works well to renew and regenerate skin, along with an antibacterial action that helps those with acne prone skin.
- The Ageless Peel for sun-damaged skin
This is a wonderful peel to reduce the visible signs of ageing and sun damage. This revolutionary peel is enriched with essential vitamins and nutrients, and goes deep into the skin to stimulate production of healthy new cells to revitalize and rejuvenate the skin.
- The Purple Peel for pigmentation
This is an intensive chemical peel, designed to accelerate skin renewal. This accelerates the exfoliation process and works great for heavily pigmented and acne prone skin.
If you feel these can benefit you, reach out to us for a free consultation to better understand what you can do for your skin. After all, it is always a good idea to start the new year with a clear slate, and in this case, clear skin.